CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 5, 2007

PLEASE

PLEASE don’t ask me if I’m over it yet.
I’ll never be over it.

PLEASE don’t tell me she’s in a better place.
She isn’t here with me.

PLEASE don’t say at lease she isn’t suffering.
I wish she hadn’t suffered at all.

PLEASE don’t tell me you know how I feel
Unless you have lost your sister, your daughter, your friend.

PLEASE don’t ask me if I feel better.
Bereavement isn’t a condition that clears up.

PLEASE don’t tell me I’m lucky to have had her so many years.
She has missed so many.

PLEASE don’t tell me God never gives us more than we can bear.

PLEASE just say you are sorry.

PLEASE just let me talk about her.

PLEASE just mention her name.

PLEASE just say you will remember her.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Char, This blog is so sweet. Losing someone close to you is always hard and as well meaning as people intend to be they often end up saying something that hurts. This poem really touched me and I have wanted to say many of these things to people when they talk to me about my Mom. Trisha was an amazing person and I remember looking up to her. She was always so kind to me. I remember serving at her wedding reception and thinking that she was most gorgeous bride I had ever seen, I was hoping I would look as radiate as she did the day I got married. She will always be remembered and loved. Hugs, Sheila.

Unknown said...

Char,

This is a beautiful blog and tribute to your sister Trisha. I miss her too. She was a great girl: beautiful, kind, loving, and righteous. - Uncle Bruce

Anonymous said...

This is Paul Ogilvie-Andy and Trisha's brother-in-law. Thank you for having the courage to put up this web page. It is a wonderful tribute. I will tell Marcie about it a soon as I stop crying. Maybe we can do one for our son too. We feel lucky to have loved her. We are still learning how to grieve and comfort others. I am sorry we have to go this-you deserve a white rose. I didn't understand it then- I do a little more now, at least I can feel it.I pray that our Saviour's love will comfort you and your family.
Paul

jana said...

Every one of the Davis daughters have enriched me and made me want to do better. What a blessing to have been able to know every one of you!